Sunday, May 26, 2013

We're still here!

In case you haven't been able to tell by my four month hiatus, the blog fell to the bottom of the priority list.  Thank you to Aunt Linda in California for reminding me to catch up on what's been happening around here.  Here is a quick recap of the highlights:

I have one picture on my camera from all of February - it's amazing how much being pregnant can take out of you.  

In March the girls turned 3 years old and we had a family party at home.  Their big present from parents and grandparents was a swing set and it has been fabulous!  I don't know who has enjoyed it more - them or me.

 



Their aunts and uncles and cousins got June and Caroline a glider to add to the new swing set - it's great to push just one swing instead of two!  It reminds me of the days they were small enough to do this:




Jo Jo helping June break in the glider 
 

Granna made individual butterfly cakes for the girls and a big one for everybody else - like always it was beautiful and delicious! 

 

In April we celebrated Easter - everything keeps getting better at this age - their ability to understand what Easter is all about and their excitement about celebrating. 



May has been beautiful so we've spend a lot of time outside - we went to Lewis Farms to pick berries and have some delicious ice cream!




 



We finally made it to the beach for the first time!  Spending the evening together at the beach is one of my favorite things to do as a family - it feels like a vacation 10 minutes from home.  Much like at the beginning of last summer - June wanted to spend her time in the water and Caroline wanted to stay on the sand.



We went to Airlie Gardens - another favorite place in Wilmington.  I could sit and look at this view for hours!

 

 


Everybody is exited the butterflies are back! 


Just for fun:

June puts on this uniform almost everytime she goes outside, according to her she is a space mermaid. 


We recently acquired a pet dog, her name is June.  Daily June wears these ears and crawls around here pretending to be a dog.  I don't know where she picked her up acting skills, but she does a great impression of a dog.  

 One day a cat showed up too - these girls love each other and play so well together! 

I love the light in this picture and I love seeing them sit down with a book! 


They look so grown up to me in this picture - they were proud to be wearing their "Hannah-me-downs" from cousin Hannah.  

1 comment: